Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas

The thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn,
Fall on your knees
O hear the angels voices
O night divine

I played my drum for Him pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him pa rum pum pum pum
Then He smiled at me pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum

The Child, the Child sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light

_________________________________________

Jeb - He wears blue checked flannel pajama bottoms with a yellow shirt that says "Dinos Rule." Carrying Batman on the Batcycle, he vrooms across the kitchen table. He sings and laughs loudly, already enters a room making an impression, not subtle. He will rise up and save his people. I put Christmas lights in the front yard. On the bushes there is a string of white, then green, white, red and white again. The string of white in the middle is the only blinking set. That is Jeb.

Erin - She is a blanket, pink and soft, sweet-smelling. A breeze that cools the cheek when everything else is warm. The feeling of a hot-water bottle at your feet after getting back in bed from walking on the cold, tile floor at night. Erin is like all of this and an especially good book in which you want to underline every sentence.

Caleb - Where does the time go? There, Dad. You always told me the time would come when I would understand. We hug him chest to chest. He stands tall as his little brother reaches for his hand. Caleb is constant, calm, pensive, yet draws your attention. A perfect setting for Caleb is a smallish, campfire that cracks floating pieces of light into the night sky with a plate of Spam cooked over the fire to eat and I.B.C. Root Beer to drink.

Leslie - There are significant moments that make up a family's life. There are important events, but mostly there are moments. She is our souvenir for all of the moments that have made us joyful. She is our connection to every moment that lasts still. And there are little insignificant things that stick in your mind that are unique to her. For example, a styrofoam Sonic cup, straw, diet cherry Coke, extra ice. "Whither thou goest, I will go."

Brian - I live in this blessed house with these beautiful people...and I have a double chin.

Just in case you see what I see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce B. said...

Loved this!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home