Monday, January 02, 2006

Post Christmas Ruminations

I'm not done with Christmas just quite yet. So, among my thoughts there are these:

1. The demand for Egg Nog seems to be waning, and this is probably not a negative thing..

2. I believe that there is a conspiracy in the Christmas-light industry.

2a. There seems to be a preponderance of Christmas light strings that work half-way, and I mean half-way. The first half of the string lights up and the other does not. We should not stand for this.

2b. It might be worth adopting as a policy the practice of throwing out the lights each Christmas and purchasing brand new ones each year.

2c. The icicle lights are nice, but too heavy for the holders sold that are made to slip under shingles.

3. When there is a street and every house has lights of some sort and array displayed - all houses except one, I can't help but wonder about the one.

4. The overall friendliness quotient of a neighborhood is directly related to the number of houses that have hung Christmas lights.

5. Sausage balls should be a year-round, not a seasonal treat. Ditto for peanut brittle.

6. Lonestar's version of Little Drummer Boy is very good.

7. I have already addressed the upstart businesses that hang and take down your Christmas lights for you. Next, there will be those who come and unpack, decorate, and then pack again your Christmas decorations.

8. Cleaning blinds is not an easy thing to do. This is obviously not Christmas specific just something I did today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce B. said...

Agree completely on sausage balls and peanut brittle. Sadly I had no sausage balls this year. What do you think about me using the Christmas light fellows next year? I mean, my roof lines are HIGH up. Think on it, get back to me. OR come visit in November to help me put them up.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home