Monday, November 17, 2008

I just measured the length of my receipt that I got from Albertson's grocery store. I bought eleven items. About 5 inches of the receipt is dedicated to what I purchased including the subtotal, tax and total.

The receipt in its entirety measured 20 inches.

Twenty inches.

Over a foot of a strip of paper.

On this receipt is a wealth of information besides what I purchased including:

My "Great Deal Savings" amount.

The store director's name.

My eligibility to win two tickets to a Dallas Cowboys game complete with entry form blanks to fill out with instructions about where to place the completed form.

Albertson's website info.

Albertson's motto - "It means a great deal."

The number to call for questions.

Albertson's address.

A note encouraging me to sign up for an "Rx-tra Savings Card" because I can "save on branded and generic prescription medications. See pharmacy for details."

The date and time of my transaction.

Information about what each item did cost compared to what it cost me on this night at this time.

This particular store's identification number which in this case is #04193.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home