Tuesday, April 24, 2007

So, tonight it is storming. I was thinking that it is quite a technological step, in my feeble techno mind, that the dude on the tv can show me a picture of tonight's storm and then with a little line segment draw me a path. Even tell me that it will be in Keller, where we live, at 9:13 p.m., and the tv dude was right.

It seems that the electricity goes out less often now than it did when I was a kid. Nevertheless, I secured a flashlight, a lighting thingy, and a couple of candles. Told the kids to stay in bed if the lights went out, and I would come for them. I thought that one or more of our offspring would make their way to us and ask to sleep in our bed until the storm passed by. After all, is there a better place to be when scared? However, none did. But Erin called out to me. She was scared from the thunder and the flashes. I hugged her and rubbed her back and told her that I was already lying on the couch reading, and I surely wouldn't be doing that if it was bad outside. That seemed to satisfy although there are still some big bangs.

Another thing that seems to have diminished since I was a child - the number of cars that break down on the side of the road.

Tonight, rather in the early hours of tomorrow, I suspect that the seniors at school will attempt to pull off a "senior prank." I believe steps are in place to thwart any shot at success.

I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home