Saturday, March 21, 2009

While in Lake Placid, we stayed at Whiteface Lodge. I waited for awhile to book our place to stay searching for the best deal. One of my anxieties is manifested in booking a place that looks great on the internet only to get there and find that it is a run-down trailer in a trailer park behind a landfill.

This did not happen.

When I first began looking, I noticed Whiteface Lodge because it was rustic in an Old Faithful Inn way, like a huge log cabin. That is what we like, but the price put me off immediately. Then, because I took some time to book lodging, I looked back at sidestep.com, the site that I use to book most trip plans, and saw that the lodge was running their own "March Madness" special which meant greatly reduced rates for Sundays through Thursdays in the month of March. So, for those days, I booked it and was not disappointed. I want Leslie to love the places we stay, and she loved this one.

It was an all suite place with a fireplace, a deck, and a bunch of other things that made us conclude that it is the nicest place we have ever stayed which isn't saying tons because we typically, especially when all of us travel, don't stay at nice places. This place was a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home