Wednesday, January 04, 2006

QuikTrip

Two signs today that time is passing by.

My son no longer takes medicine through an eye-dropper. The orange generic ibuprofin made in the likeness of orange Motrin has been a staple of ours. Now, he has a fever, takes the pills we hand him, and swallows. A sure sign yet to come that time is passing still more is when I again start taking my medicine with an eye-dropper.

Another one. I wore a pedometer today. A little, blue gadget clipped to my pants pocket. I read somewhere that a good goal was 10,000 steps. Although I tried to conceal the gadget, a student saw and asked how many steps I had taken. I believe I detected some sarcasm.

It once was that I ran. Then I walked. Now, I count my steps.

11,291

___________________________________________________________________________________

Philip Yancey, editor of Christianity Today said this I found interesting.

"I remembered a remark by Lewis (C.S.) who drew a distinction between communicating with a society that hears the gospel for the first time and one that has embraced and then largely rejected it. A person must court a virgin differently than a divorcee', said Lewis. One welcomes the charming words; the other needs a demonstration of love to overcome inbuilt skepticism."

___________________________________________________________________________________

In our convenience store society, QuikTrip reigns.

___________________________________________________________________________________

1 Comments:

Blogger  Down Under Aggie said...

Long live QT, if for nothing else than to make you smile when they ask you if you need an application after the 4th visit that day.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home