Thursday, August 31, 2006

So I am driving home from Kumon, a tutoring establishment of foreign origins, and Jeb and Erin are smelling each others feet. They attempted to get their oldest sibling, Caleb, to smell each of theirs. He refrained emphatically. Although in his most honest of moments, he will admit to having the smelliest of them all. Of course, they are size 11's and more surface area produces more stink.

I am stuck in traffic at the corner of Keller-Hicks and Hwy.377. I sit through five, that is 5, light cycles. I begin to watch the people in the cars drive by partly as a diversion from the smelly conversation going on around me. I count 18 people talking on their cell phones and one other either a)talking to herself, b) singing along with some music, c) talking on her phone but it is one of those cyborg contraptions that fit inside of one's ear. Those things look like one of those characters, I cannot remember who, from a late Star Wars spin-off who had metal stuck to his face.

When we are riding in our cars, our phones make noise right before they ring. Just a little tidbit.

Leslie is doing Pilates on the kitchen floor. It hurts me. It is possible that one's body shouldn't do all that we make it do.

I here again question the value of assigning students the task of putting together an insect collection.

I am perplexed by the number of places that do nails, fingernails and toenails. Tomorrow, I will count them from home to work and report back to you. I predict thirteen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Pearson said...

I totally confer on the light cycles at 377 and keller hicks. it hurts me to sit there so long. You mind really wanders during that time. by the way, did they ask to smell daddy's feet? what a great conversation they were having! Oh, aren't we all just kids in the end!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Joyce B. said...

I need to know how many nail places there are on the way home!!!! Please?

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home