Thursday, August 24, 2006

So, I go to AutoZone to pick up my $171.00 new alternator. While there, a nice girl named Jamie, asks me I would like for them to check out my alternator, to test it. Sure, I say.

They test it and it passes twice. Seems that the local mechanic shop was not quite accurate in communicating to me that my alternator was bad.

Si, the great gentle-man from Laos, puts the alt. back into the Sienna van. He decides to check a couple cables. Seems one has some corrosion down deep, he cleans, car starts, car runs, I save $, and now, Leslie and Deanne Thomas are just about in Hearne, Texas, a few short miles of their College Station destination.

Tonight, FWC had our Open House/Parent Information Night. Nice night. Glad a long day is done.

At home with Caleb, Erin, and Jeb. Erin sleeping on our bedroom floor. Jeb sleeping in our bed.

Just got a hug from Jeb after he ran in here in his gray athletic pants for sleeping attire and a shark tooth necklace.

These are the days. Don't let them slip by.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brian,
I love reading your blog. That is how I can keep up with all the fam.
Some day I'll tell you our car troubles of this week. I don't think they'll turn out as well as yours but I can always hope. Taurus is in the shop as I write with a mechanic and us trying to figure out what to do with it. Also, spent all day Monday until 5 o'clock in a Jury pool. Fortunately, I didn't get picked, I think it is because I make a fool out of myself. Sometimes my foolishness actually works in my favor. A long day none the less.
Love you all!

Krista

11:50 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

Crazy!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Joyce B. said...

I love this entry. Hug your kids for me! Come visit Austin - it's lovely and cool here...

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home