Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Today.

Toyota Sienna van, 148,000+ miles. "It is the alternator," the man says. A man from a local mechanic shop, a reputable one. $548.00+ to repair. I say, "wait." I give it some consideration. A gentle-man at school going by the name of Si because we couldn't pronounce his real name can fix anything. He is from Laos. I ask if he can fix an alternator, and he says he can. I call AutoZone and locate a new alternator for $171.00 if I bring the old alternator in. I will do this tomorrow.

The man at the local, reputable shop told me that the alternator would cost about $350.00. I have the satisfaction that I have had a small victory against the auto conspiracy establishment that takes advantage of autoidiots such as me.


Leslie and I go to the municipal court. A sort of errand date. She received a ticket about two weeks ago going about 8 miles over the speed limit. We can plead "No Contest" and request Deferred Adjudication, essentially probation. This we want to do, but we are prohibited from doing this because to qualify the offender must not have had another ticket within the last twelve months. Leslie misses it by about a week. We are told that we can appeal to the judge who will be arriving shortly. We ponder this and defensive driving with the help of Blockbuster but that seems just as costly, both in money and more so in time.

We wait.

She arrives and we are second on the docket behind a murder case.

Just kidding.

We are called in and it takes about 30 seconds to find out that, on this day, the law has extended some mercy. Deferred adjudication is her sentence which equals 90 days probation. Fine = $163.00.

School is running smoothly. Maybe I am becoming dispensable. I long for a fight.

Just kidding.

I visited with Jeb at lunch. He was excited to see me. Good stuff.

Some great words = When the kids say on their way to bed, "Are you coming to see me?"
Oh. Yes. I. Am.

Peace Up. A-Town Down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home