Monday, March 30, 2009

Introduction to Robert Frost poetry needed? Try these.

"The Pasture"

"Mending Wall"

"Two Tramps in Mud Time"

Only poet to win the Pulitzer Prize four times.

Liked to be known as a farmer and teacher.

Father died when he was young. Wife died before him. Younger sister died before him after he had to commit her to a hospital for mental illness. Had two children die in infancy. Another one died as an adult.

Only poet to speak at an inauguration. Kennedy's.

"Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening" has been done really well in a children's book with illustrations by Susan Jeffers.

He had a habit of sleeping late after staying up late chatting with friends.

He was sloppy in dress.

"I had a lover's quarrel with the world" is on his tombstone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Does Mya Angleou ( I know I spelled that wrong) count as a poet? She spoke at someones inauguration didn't she? Maybe Clinton's or George W's?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

Oh, another thing. Why don't you list all the presidential libraries you have been to and the ones you have left. I'm curious to know. I know you've been to a lot of them. I don't know how many there are.
It sounds like ya'll had a wonderful trip. I am so glad.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home