Friday, April 28, 2006

The day after my last post, the one pertaining to the air-conditioning bill, I arrived at school after having left my vehicle, a 1993 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Regency, at school overnight.

Shortly after school began I thought, "I will travel to Quik Trip and get me a Caffiene Free Diet Coke." So, I walk to my car, and I sit down on the seat, pull the door closed, and the back window shatters spilling fingernail sized pieces of glass to and fro, between and betwixt, in and out. $281.00 fixed that. Apparently, a passer-by in the dark of the night, in the shadows, under the tree, while the Whipporwill whipped and the neighbors slept, struck the window and the crack travelled all through the rear glass waiting for that slight bump, thud, push, wind, tap, bang, that would set the pieces free.

The next day, I drive to school and notice something is awry. Awry with my vehicle, the aforementioned '93 Olds. It is dying at red lights which is particularly problematic when having to go through 13 red lights between home and school. I counted them once. That is a lot of car dying. Later that morning I take it to a mechanic.

I can spend 900+ for a new EGR whatever that is. There are some other problems with the plugs and some wires apparently are hitting something wires aren't supposed to hit. Oh...

But the real problem is that it needs a new engine. $1900.00. He recommended that I not spend that on this vehicle. You think?

So, tomorrow I will park it in the parking lot of what used to be a True Value Hardware with a sign that has the critical info: Olds. Runs. 226,000 + miles. Needs alot of work. New back windshield. Can't find title. $300.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if QT would sponsor a blog - they at least owe you some royalties. Too bad about the car. I remember with what fondness you told us (the adult Sun/Wed class) about it upon "inheriting" it (not to be confused with pawning off.)

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home