Monday, March 24, 2008

Some of the good things about today...

I had the gumption to get up and run/walk this morning. I rose at 5:22 and was out the door at5:25. Felt better all day. Now, there is tomorrow morning.

I talked to two friends on the phone today. Long time friends. Barry Jackson has been a friend of ours since before our children were born. The three of them, Caleb, Erin, and Jeb, call him "Uncle Barry" because they love him. They love seeing him, going to his house, and love when he comes for a visit. Many memories have been made with Barry.

I also talked to Sid Walker. I first met him in 1983. He recently sent me an email that was a list of memories we made together. It was a long list and could have been much longer. When getting off of the phone with him, I am always thankful.

I laid on Jeb and Erin's beds and scratched their backs for several minutes. Jeb mostly laid there because he was tired. Erin talked about her room, about her science class dissecting owl pellets, art, among other things.

Leslie and I laid down in the big red chair and watched a talk show with Billy Joel on it. The first concert I went to was to see Billy Joel in Jackson, Mississippi.

I bought a suit. Not a big deal except that I have probably bought three suits my whole life, and I needed one for a couple of upcoming things since I threw my only other suit away. It was on sale, and it is done, over.

I ate lunch with Leslie. Subway. Subway club, cheddar, not toasted, with bell peppers, spinach, cucumbers, little bit of red onion, dab of mayo and dab of mustard. 6 inch. Baked Lays BBQ chips with unsweet tea.

1 Comments:

Blogger DebMc said...

This must have been a good week for old friends. I've blogged about our old friends who visited this week. Isn't it great to have people who know you and love you anyway?

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home