Thursday, January 10, 2008

Things of late:

1. Thought to myself that if I am the first person in a line of cars waiting at a stop light, particularly if I'm in a turn lane when there is only one turn lane, that I must speed off so as not to make anyone miss the light and get caught because of my tardiness. So many others depend on me. I like separating myself from the other cars so that the drivers behind know that I did my part.

2. Definitively decided that Krispy Kreme is overrated and the best donut is a glazed one from Shipley's.

3. Read "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. Great read. Short at about 80 pages.

4. Kept reading. Read "Fraternity" by some dude, a book about Nixon, Ford, Carter, Bush I, and Reagan. Reading "The Kite Runner" and "Twelve Mighty Orphans" now.

5. Decided to jump on our trampoline with the kids more. They love it. I like it once I have done it. Last year or so, we made a good memory by spending the night sleeping on the trampoline. It seems that is in my future again come warmer weather. Jeb and Erin have mentioned it.

6. Affirmed that John Denver songs are really good. Rocky Mountain High.

7. Ate too many Egg McMuffins. They could be improved if the McMuffin wasn't so crumbly, dry. Too often, I am not sure the egg part of it is done.

8. Wondered to myself concerning the characteristics of the perfect t-shirt. Not the logo kind you wear with jeans or shorts on days that you don't work. I am talking about the basic white ones worn under dress shirts or other shirts. Time was that I didn't wear these. Now, I don't not wear them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Perks said...

You are funny. I had many thoughts.
In reference to point:
1. I appreciate people like you.
2. Mike agrees that Shipley's is better. I don't prefer any glazed donuts.
3. Clearly you and Barry are friends.
4. I'm impressed.
5. Great idea to camp on the trampoline. MP took us camping at Lake Bryan when I was 6 months pregnant with Isaiah...not so fun.
6. We LOVE J.Denver! My kids love "Thank God I'm a country boy."
7. Um...no thanks. There's something about a solid chunk of egg that I can't do.
:) miss you guys.

11:54 AM  
Blogger The Uptons said...

We just want you to know that we would read pages and pages of your "thoughts"...so feel free to write a book anytime you want.

Next time you come in town, you should try Donald's Donuts by Bryan HS--they are much better than Shipley's.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

I do that same thing about the cars. It's a lot of pressure to be first in line. I also worry when I'm fith or sixth in line that I won't time that yellow light right and I'll stop a little early and the car behind me will be mad because it had a chance of getting through. I wonder if this is some kind of Miller thing?
Southern Maid donuts-hands down.
I've never tried any McDonald's breakfast thing but I do like Sonic's breakfast burrito.
I've decided some John Dever songs are really, really, great and fun to sing with the kids in the car while we're traveling somewhere. But some of his other songs well....There's no rule that says you have to like every song by any one singer.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Shipley's. Amen.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home