Friday, December 21, 2007

My first introduction to Dan Fogelberg was during high school. Some good friends of mine starting listening to songs from the albums Home Free and Captured Angel. I liked them.

I, we (Leslie and I) purchased each album. We didn't wait in longing expectation for a release, but once we heard there was one we stopped by somewhere and bought it.

My first of several Fogelberg concerts was at Mud Island in Memphis, Tennessee. A bunch of us from Harding traveled over for a concert right after he put our a country album called "High Country Snows."

Other concerts. Leslie and I saw him at Starplex in Dallas with Matt and Laura Waldron. At the Majestic Theatre, also in Dallas. At the Woodlands Pavillion near Houston. At some other smaller venue in Houston with Barry Jackson, I think, and some others. Maybe Ron Curtis.
We saw him alone and with a band.

Little opinions:

A great song that I heard only once live and never on the radio was "Joy At The Start." This was later sung by Susan Ashton and a couple of other Christian singers.

Another was "Sweet Magnolia Bell."

Best popular song, one that got some play, was "Make Love Stay."

The most haunting one was "Tucson, Arizona."

Overall favorite and never a hit, "Souvenirs."

Best album - "Souvenirs" 2nd Best - "Innocent Age."

1 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

Brian,
I went to that Mud Island concert, too. I had almost forgotten about that. My favorite album is High County Snows but I really like Souvenirs and there was one that I can't recall the name of right now that had a dark green cover with a pencil drawing of an indian or someone on the front. I think I liked every song he ever did except the one about meeting his old lover in the grocery store.

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home